Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Veggies, Its whats for Dinner!

I'm a vegan/vegetarian person. I left meat for veggies 10 months ago and never looked back...well maybe a sneak peak but overall had no regrets about my decision. I'm always getting asked funny questions like "what do I eat?" , "do I miss meat?" and "how does my man feel about it?". Well the answers are....Everything but meat...I go to subway and order the veggie delight, burger king and order the veggie burger, McDonald's and eat just french fries, pizza is the only hard part and that's only because of cheese. No I don't miss meat, I can sit with people and watch them eat meat and I wonder "why r you putting that into your body?" and finally my FI is okay with it, he even tried to go veggie himself but he is back eating meat which is mildly annoying but nothing that cant be handled. However what do you do about wedding menus? I'm an African who is vegetarian and everyone else I know with the exception of some of my family and my FI's dad are meat eaters. Needless to say food is complicated. But I have an answer that will help everyone, including the wallet. I think that anyone who wants to add their culture/ and or their food preference into their wedding should consider my advice options:
  1. Have food stations set up. One for meat eaters, one for veggies, one for cultural foods and one for sweets.
  2. Have a buffet with two vegetarian options and place them far away from the meat because most veggie folks hate the idea of meat touching their food.
  3. Have an all vegetarian reception. serve foods that everyone is familiar with. (Most veggie folks love this idea but I don't cus its like someone serving nothing but meat at their wedding which to me is awful)
  4. Have an all dessert reception.

I have decided to take 1 or 2 because it seems like the best way to go. However all of my baked goods are vegan, I know cus I'm DIYing!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin