Monday, April 6, 2009

Super cute cake toppers!

So I am on the hunt for cake toppers. Originally I wanted to have a customized cartoon version of us. But after seeing that price tag: $100 and up, I was like "heck no". Don't get me wrong, I think that anyone who has the talent to turn wood or clay into mini mes should get paid in full. I do think that any piece of art that takes more than an hour of some one's time is worth the moola. I just don't have it to spend. So I did some research and I really looked into it. Here's what I found: I found this one on Etsy. I love this set. Its the same idea of custom cartoon cake topper only with a little less detail. The shop's name? Goosegrease. The price for your very own look alike peg person cake topper? $40. Yup tell the lady about yourself and your baby and you will get your very own peg person. Check them out: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5881530 Next I saw on Save On Crafts, these two doves. I love the cute birdcage veil on the lady dove. The price ? Only $2.99 for the pair. I would put some wax paper underneath them and place them right on my cake. Of Course I thought of this the crystal monogram cake topper!!!! I love this sparkly idea for an otherwise boring white cake. However the prices for this are out of control from $55 and up. I have seen some that retail for $250! That's on expensive cake topper! So much so alot of brides are getting out their glue guns and doing it for themselves. Want one check out these secrets that I found!

  • Yes, I'm a knottie. Why cus I really like the magazine. Any who here is a fellow knotttie/Nester's tips link:
http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/blogs/tiarared/archive/2007/03/07/how-to-make-a-swarovski-monogram-cake-topper.aspx?MsdVisit=1
  • I found this from another wedding blog ( yea I look at other people's stuff, hey I'm a bride)
http://anotherweddingblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/our-diy-monogrammed-cake-topper.html
  • This one is from the Wedding Bee, I heart Wedding Bee.
http://www.weddingbee.com/2006/10/12/diy-initials-cake-topper/ I also like the idea of not having an "official' cake topper like this cover of Martha Stewart. This is a really cool idea and it could work with anything. Bugs, butterflies, sparkly stars or even footballs if it has a pick and you can stick it on top or all around your cake, it will work!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin