Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ways I'm saving on my wedding.

After reading these articles about how to save wedding cost via Smart Money: 1. 10 things Wedding Planners Won't Tell You. 2. They'll Never Know: 8 hidden ways to cut wedding costs. 3. Costco Brides: Battle of Warehouse Weddings 4. And finally, Your Own Celebrity-Style Wedding

I thought about some of the stuff I was buying and it made me wonder "Am I being frugal enough?" Now some of these articles are a bit general. Most of the local jeweler stores have warranties on their jewelery that last longer than 6 months. Plus, there are tons of sales. Not all newly beginner wedding planners will be complete goofs cus that will destroy their business cus they need great referrals. Plus most vendors are willing to work with people on a budget.

BUT it is a well written article and has alot of sense to it. It doesn't make sense to not read the fine print on your contracts or to not get pics of events from new even planners.Or to buy that $3000 dress when your whole budget is $4000!

I think its all about using common sense, thats all. Knowing a good deal when you see it and knowing when some thing is too good to be true. As a bride to be myself I can only go by my experiences and what other people around are doing or have done.

Here are some of my plans to save some serious cash: *Making very simple favors: getting cookies from Costco, Bjs, Sam's Club, Etsy or my local grocery store- Reason? cus its just cheaper than going to a fancy bakery but its quicker then baking them myself. * Getting a calligrapher to do one or two invites then going to Kinkos or Staples and copying them. Reason? Cus I love the look but I just can't pay someone to do the tedious job of writing out all of my invites. * Doing my own make up. Reason? I dont wear alot of make up but I know how to really apply it if I want to. Plus, I wont put to much on. * Buying my bridal shoes from Payless. * Using two types of flower and going to a local wholesaler or discount warehouse. Hydrangeas and roses. Reason? The hydrangea takes up alot of space so it will look lush without the hefty price tag. *Micheals, Walmart...enuff said. more tips to come.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin