Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flower Girls , Ring Bearers, Flower Children

I'm not a kid person. I have yet to decide if I would want kids at my wedding i'm leaning towards yes but somewhere inside there is a girl with a wine cooler shouting "heck no!" Do I think kids are cute, yea sure I do. Do I think that kids are our future, yes I can agree with that. Do I want kids crying at my wedding.....um....not really. Does this make me selfish, heck yah! And I'm proud cus that means I actually give a damn about important events in my life. However, for my guest sake I may have kids there, I guess I can put the little dudes to work since they dont pay rent. Get all of them together and make them waiters. lol....jus joking.
Seriously, kids are cool and they make great flower girl ring bearer people. they are so cute in pictures and it makes your special day even more wonderful!
Here's some cute combos for the special kids in your life:
1. Got a baby flower girl and an older flower girl, Put the baby in a wagon and have the older one tug her down the aisle. I saw this in a picture and it was super cute.
( Quick Note: pre-teens and teens ARE NOT flower girls they are bridesmaids, please STOP at puberty, folks)
2. Got alot of gals: flower kids alert have them hold ribbons and run down the aisle or skip down the aisle. or have them toss rose petals. or have them say: "the bride is coming"
3. Got a team of boys: drummer boys are super cool as long as they are not too loud.
4. Have wedding fairies, buy the wings at a craft store and let all the girls be fairies....it sounds weird but looks get in pictures

5. Boys or girls can be train bearers.

6. Present giver: giving flowers/favors to guest is a great way to begin a party.

Now, my favorite part what to dress them in:
The best tip I have is to use a pretty dress or suit you already have just make sure that whatever you choose goes with the wedding colors. If you dont have any thing in the house try these sites:

1. Tutucuteforcadence is a cute (Etsy) boutique that has tutus and tutu dresses for cute little flowergirls. The dresses come in many colors including this cute pink flower dress for $49.99

Other great affordable flower girl sites are:
1. Another tutu place on etsy: BugaBoo tutu for 12 months and 6 years for $25.
2. Childrens clothing stores like Gymboree have dresses at affordable prices.
3. Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Kohls, Walmart and Kmart have deals on really pretty dresses. Plus they can be found almost everywhere.
4. Old navy and Target also have great deals.
5. Flower Girl dress and Boys formal sites like: sophiastyle.com, cutieclothes.com, flowergirldressforless.com, kidsformal.com and wholesalekid.com have awesome steals online.
pics courtesy of tutucuteforcandence

1 comments:

tutus said...

Nice Tutus. I enjoy reading your articles.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin