Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ask The Expert: Carolyn Holden of Pretty Faces INC

Sometimes you need to ask an expert....someone who has worked weddings before and knows whats going on in the wedding world. Today I have an interview with Carolyn Holden, a lovely, talented, simply cool Celebrity Makeup Artist/ Digital Photographer. " Located in Washington, D.C, Carolyn Edwards Holden is a Professional Freelance Celebrity Make-up Artist who brings faces to life! She has been involved in the make-up/fashion industry for the past 10 years. Carolyn was first introduced to the fashion industry working as a model. She quickly discovered that her real passion was for the art of makeup. Her specialty includes flamboyant makeovers that add personality to photography and film. She has an extensive portfolio in glamour, airbrush and trendy make-up used for FASHION, PRINT, RUNWAY, PORTRAIT, MUSIC VIDEOS and WEDDINGS. She is also involved in Model Portfolio Development, where she acts as make-up artist, stylist and photographer for aspiring models."

Ask The Expert: Thank you for giving some of your time. I really appreciate it. How long have you been in the Bridal beauty biz? When you say been in bridal business what do you mean? Like doing weddings I been doing wedding since 2002 when I started my own makeup business. What made you join or when did you know when you found your calling? I always been into fashion, LOVE everything about it. One day I started playing in makeup to copy looks I see in magazine and here I am. How many weddings/events have you done? Hmmm too many to count. I sometimes have a wedding to do every weekend. What type of cosmetic brands do you use? MAC, Lancome, Bobbi Brown. To be honest a little bit of every line. Have you worked with any celebrities? Of Course, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Samantha Harris, Robin Thicke, Cherry Dennis. When getting married whats the most important thing to do, beauty wise? If you can get a nice facial and body massage before of the day of wedding to relax. When should a bride schedule her first makeup appointment? As soon as possible. What budget tips can you give brides out there who wish to save money? Shop around Are there certain colors to avoid? Are there certain colors that look great on everyone? I believe in a person wearing the color, don't let the color wear you. I know airbrushing is the latest trend. What is Airbrushing and is it necessary? Airbrushing is basically makeup airbrushed onto face or body. Is is necessary to me no because I apply makeup on just as light and natural.
How much does it cost? What are your rates and how can someone get in touch with you? Feel free to contact me for rates www.myprettyfaces.com Have any advice to give future brides about their wedding day? Take one day @ a time, hire a coordinator/or friend if you feel you need help planning. Once again thank you and take care. Pics Courtesy of http://www.myprettyfaces.com/

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin