Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wedding Beauty from all over the world! Africa & African Americans

I'm Nigerian American and as a black lady its hard to find sites that have info on trends that are going on in the African and African American community. Mostly there are a few articles and that's it. I have alot of friends who are from different places on the globe too and they have the same issues so I wanted to honor them and myself by providing info on wedding trends, beauty tips and traditions from around the globe. Forgive me if I cant mention everything but I will try to do my best.Lets go! Pic from globe-image.net Africa/African American: Since I'm African I kind of take stuff written about Africa personally. Its very negative most of the time and its sickening. However since this is wedding site I want to talk about weddings, Here are some sites that are great for Africans /African Americans:

Tips for making your own wedding brooms. Jumping the broom is a tradition in the African American community. Its done in order to honor past ancestors. In the past, African American slaves were not allowed to marry so they created a ceremony to join themselves together. Its easy to create your own broom all you need is a glue gun, silk flowers, ribbon and of course a broom.

1.Cover the broom handle with ribbon, glue the part top of the handle where the ribbon begins and then glue the base where it ends.

2. Repeat the first step.Make sure the handle is completely cover in ribbon.

3. Use left over ribbon to make a bow. glue the bow at the base and then add the flowers and glue in place.

4. Let dry over night.tada!

NEXT : ASIAN WEDDING TIPS AND PRODUCTS! Love ya!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin