Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Guest list just doubled...Thanks, Dad.

well, here's an update:

I just invited my dad to our wedding of ten people and he just offered to help. He says that having a wedding of only ten people is stupid and that any respectable wedding has 50 people or more. While I am happy about getting his help I do not agree with his point of view. I think it is that point of view that gets some folks into debt in the first place.

A wedding is about the couple and NOT about the huge guest list or fancy appetizers and while its great to show your guest a good time with expensive fish eggs...its mainly about the love two people have for each other.

My dad thinks that I should aim higher and should only expect the best. He says that its not like I spend lavishly everyday. A little indulgence is a good thing. Weddings shouldn't be the same as cheap ten year old birthdays. Especially since I am paying a photographer to document my day. I think that its OK to try not blow a life's savings on one day. I don't know I am at a cross roads:

  • Do I let Dad help us and invite all of my loved ones?
  • Or do I tell Dad to just attend our 10-15 people wedding?
I really just don't know what to do.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin