Friday, June 12, 2009

My thoughts about the shooting at the Holocaust Museum

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with weddings but I like to think of myself as someone who cares about events that happen outside of the wedding world. I know this may offend some but I feel like a great majority will agree with me. It sickens me to my stomach that some people can not respect the differences of other human beings. Our differences are what separates us from all other species of animals on the Earth. We are different colors, cultures and ethnicity. We have different opinions, personalities, religions and views. It is the blessing of being human.

However, instead of respecting and embracing our differences we choose to use it as a tool to detest, hurt, demean, ridicule, humiliate and even kill each other. Its not really just a race issue, if we all were the same color there would be an issue with class-ism. Blue collar VS CEO. Or sexism, or ageism. Its an Us issue. We have been given the power of free will. We are choosing to hate each other.

Its a fact that because of our differences we will not always agree. However, I feel like there should be a mutual respect for other people's choices. All because you live your life this way doesn't mean I have the right to judge, try to change you or force my views on you. All because I choose to live my life this way doesn't mean you have the right to judge, try to change or force your views on me. I am trying to learn how to treat people that way I would want to be treated. Its hard thing to do but I have realized that as I have the right to live the way I want to live so does any one else.

The events that happened at the Holocaust Museum in DC are a key example of lack of love and the true ugliness of racism and hate. It sickens me to think that this kind of thing is STILL happening but it proves my point: the work of the human race isn't done by the least bit. There are still people who are out there that are stuck in the past. Cave people of a very dark and sinister era.

My prayers will go out to the family of the officer who was killed.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin