Monday, May 11, 2009

City Hall in the Media- The Office

City Hall Vs "The Real Wedding" It is an age old debate for any couple who has made it passed the usual mating rituals: Ya know the rituals,

  • The first meeting ("Does my breath stink?"),
  • The waiting period for the first call("Why won't he just pick up the bloody phone already and call me!")
  • The first kiss...("seriously, you need a breathe mint")
  • The third date ( "Victoria Secret's here I come")
  • The first "I love you...and I really mean it"
  • The moving in ("Honey lets NOT tell my parents we are living in sin, ok?")
  • The first, second, third and fourth major argument that threaten to end your relationship.
  • The "now what" stage...
  • The realization that the two of you are better together than apart or that you are stuck with your mate for a very long time.
  • and finally the will share my last slice of pizza but won't become a completely different person unless you are footing the bill for plastic surgery kind of love that makes everyone around you just dreadfully sick.

Yup once you have gone through the wire you reach the wedding bells and bills. Do you literally go for broke with everyone you know watching you and cheering you on or do you save your money, have an amazing time with tons of pissed of family members to come home to?

Honestly its really up to the couple. I know some women who would just die if they can't have all of there college sorority sisters at their wedding. I am not like this but I can understand it. I guess for most ladies the first instinct is to invite everyone who has ever smiled at you. It was mine until my FI (who is quite blunt) told me nope or we would be years trying to save for it.

I think that in the end if you are Man and wife or whatever thats what really matters. In the eyes of the law and in your hearts.

Here is a funny clip that touches the heart and funny bone of every couple who has looked at the bill for a three tier wedding cake or a couple of centerpieces:

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin