Thursday, May 28, 2009

GOT MY RECEPTION DRESS!

CAN WE SAY: R-O-S-S! yup I got a Calvin Klein ivory long dress in a size 12 for $44.95 at ROSS! You can find tons of labels at your local Ross, Tj Maxx etc I know, I know...I'm super posh bridal scout. So, whats today's lesson. Don't be afraid to shop where most brides won't look! Here's my tips:

  1. Thou shall wear tennis shoes. This isn't Sex in the City here...this is Sales in the City.
  2. Thou shall be kind to thy neighbor shopper. She may have just the size you need and vice a versa.
  3. Thou shall know thine labels and fabrics. Know what you are looking at or else someone may grab your deal.
  4. Thou shall not be overly courteous. There are tons of gals in there so don't be scared to say "Excuse me Miss, I can't breathe."
  5. Thou shall maketh many trips.Its true, you get into the dressing room and you realize that you have the wrong size or you left something. be patient.
  6. Thou shall not judge a scroll by its flap. Seriously, don't look at a person and think you know all about them just because they are wearing sweat pants. they maybe a resourceful person in sweat pants.
  7. Thou shall converse with thine neighbor: Ask the ladies around you for advice. Being shy makes for a fashion faux pas.
  8. Thy Shall know thine self. Go with your gut. If you have two dresses and you are not sure. Follow your heart.
  9. Thy shall have cash and only shop thereof. Shop only when you have the money in cash or bank card form. Anything else debt.
  10. Thy Shall STAY in Budget. I'm not having a DJ, limo, millions of guest or even a big church ceremony. Two dresses isn't out of my budget. Its important to know your budget and stay in it.
TADA! My shopping at Ross commandments. I will soon be putting picks up. I just gotta nag more. (lol, just joking.)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin